Become confident in assisting in implant treatment
in association with Nobel Biocare
Aims and Objectives
- To introduce you to dental implant surgery in general practice.
- To provide you with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support an implant procedure.
- To learn how to carry out full and partial draping techniques required for implant placement.
- To assist live implant placement procedures and postoperative cleaning and maintenance protocols of the instruments.
This course incorporates hands-on learning and the theoretical side of implant nursing, combined with an opportunity to assist in live surgery and to see the day-to-day running of our Specialist Dental Referral Centre at Devonshire House.
- Planning and documentation
- Patient preparation and care
- Set up of surgery instruments
- Gowning and gloving techniques
- Hands-on draping procedure
- Cross-infection control, decontamination and asepsis
- Hands on implant placement of dummy implants on models
- Observation and assistance of implant placement
- Operatory clear-up
Where and When
- Cambridge – Devonshire House Dental Practice and Dental Laboratory
- Training by Devonshire House Nurses and Specialist Prosthodontists
- Tuesday 12th May 2020
- 9am -5pm
- 7 hours of verifiable CPD
- Lunch Provided
- £275 no VAT
- Please bring your dental nurse uniform and appropriate footwear for the afternoon clinical session